Wednesday, June 27, 2007

ugh! i have to run to menards again!

so lately our home has been filled with these many phrases:
"look at my tree house!"
"ur building my tree house"
"i need to go up there"
"this is my slide"
"that's my tree house."

about three and a half weeks ago i received all the lumber from the marsh play house. as it sat in my garage i was excited to get moving on my project for two reasons:
1. i really wanted to build a tree house
2. i needed to get my garage back!!
so for the last few weeks i have slowly been constructing maya's (and someday brin's) tree house. i didn't get any plans to follow. i haven't drawn out any sketches. i simply got an idea in my head and started. so far things are moving along well, granted i haven't gotten to the roof just yet. so due to inquisitive minds and people who simply have a hard time visualizing my project i will give you some pics to show you what has been accomplished thus far.














6 comments:

~natalie said...

oh can pete feel your pain! he just built mia (and someday asher) a playplace off of our deck. he has made several trips to menards each time sure it was the last. i think it must be something genetic with your family to be able to build things without plans. he did humor me however and drew me up a rough sketch. it turned out great and i'm sure yours will too!

Carissa said...

i'm glad our play house is going to good use! looks like this will be 100% cooler than it was down here. so i guess all our meticulous labeling of parts was for naught :)

librariane said...

"I need to go up there".

So, can I have a tea party with Maya in the tree house next time we're up?

The hopeless gardener said...

yes, labeling it all was not really needed

Jenny Aust said...

Very cool Chris! My brother and I ALWAYS wanted a play house growing up. It will be a priceless treasure for your girls!

Anonymous said...

We just put up a swingset in the backyard. Took the whole evening, and the silly thing was prepunched and ready to go! Good on ya for building from scratch. I'm glad somebody does, cuz it's sure not me. :)