Saturday, August 04, 2007

school

well the ball is finally rolling for my return to that dreaded place that sucks up all the money a person owns. college. bleh.

i don't really want to go back. i guess i am in a catch 22. you see i don't really want to go back to school, but at the same time i have to go back to school if i want to pursue a job that interests me. okay so there are a few jobs out there that don't require me to go back to school, but i don't have the resources to go out and buy a 15,000 dollar fishing boat and start a guide service. tho it would be nice. and no andrew, i wouldn't hit the fish with a hammer, i would use my fish bat :)

aaaaaaanyway,

it looks like i will be attending Concordia University in St. Paul this fall. I have to make an appointment with an admissions counselor to get everything straightened out, but that shouldn't be too hard. then i get to deal with the juggling of schedules: school, work, family, me time. that will take some work. if i am lucky i can be done in a year. we will see. from then on the sky is the limit. will we stay or will be go, that is the million dollar question. shoot if i can get a job somewhere in the north woods of WI, then i can be a fishing guide in the summer.

yeah! that sounds good.

HEY!

i can dream can't i!!

4 comments:

librariane said...

"well the ball is finally rolling for my return to that dreaded place that sucks up all the money a person owns."

For a moment, I thought you meant a car dealership. ;)

Good luck! And I think you should pursue being a fisher guide in summers. That'd be cool (and relaxing!)

Jenny Aust said...

I'm feeling your pain Chris.

Hopefully you'll get to reap the benefits of going back to school in the next 2-3 years. Grad school really isn't going to pay off for me for many years...and that's dependent on a district actually hiring me with a grad degree. (Being a fishing guide doesn't sound too bad right now.)

Cosmic Monkey said...

There's actually a thing called a fish bat?! Is there a fish catcher's mitt as well?

Good luck on your school endeavors. My work has got me sore and achy.

Emilie Schmitz said...

Three Lakes really is a great school district and community! And they have an awesome Free Church! :) Hope you're well
Emilie